-Score: St. Edward’s 5, Collin County CC 4
-Records: St. Edward’s 4-5: Collin County 7-2
-Location: Austin, Texas (Austin Tennis Center)
How It Happened
-St. Edward’s got started on the right foot by winning two of the three doubles points. With Maximo Agoglia held out of doubles play, teams two and three had to move up a spot and they both won their matches. Felix Bake and Pedro Bronstrup won at number one doubles, while Jonathan Stockdale and Alexandre Bueno took home victory at the number two position.
-In singles play, St. Edward’s lost at the number 1-3 positions, but rallied to win at the 4-6 positions, showing the team’s depth.
#4 Barry 9, #22 St. Edward’s 0
1. Felix Bake/Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) def. Donovan McSeveney/Patrick Clynes (CCCCMT) 8-5
2. Jonathan Stockdale/Alexandre Bueno (SEUMT) def. Oscar von Koch/Kyle Funk (CCCCMT) 8-4
3. Gino Raneri/Ian Sioux (CCCCMT) def. Adrian Garza/James Rogers (SEUMT) 8-3
1. Donovan McSeveney (CCCCMT) def. James Rogers (SEUMT) 6-2, 6-3
2. Patrick Clynes (CCCCMT) def. Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) 7-5, 6-4
3. Oscar von Koch (CCCCMT) def. Maximo Agoglia (SEUMT) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
4. Felix Bake (SEUMT) def. Ian Sioux (CCCCMT) 6-2, 6-2
5. Jonathan Stockdale (SEUMT) def. Gino Raneri (CCCCMT) 6-4, 7-5
6. Adrian Garza (SEUMT) def. Kyle Funk (CCCCMT) 6-2, 6-3
Beyond the Box Score
-Collin County has been one of the best teams in the junior college ranks over the past 20 years. They have won five national championships and their last one came in 2010.
-This was the first was the first win against the Cougars in four tries.
St. Edward’s will be back in action Sunday, March 17th when they host Newman. First-serve is set for 10 a.m. at the Strohmeyer Varsity Courts.